Ivory Kyusu - Left-handed (10oz)
Pre-order today or enter your email address below to be notified immediately when we have this item back in stock:
You will receive an email you as soon as Ivory Kyusu - Left-handed (10oz) is back in stock.
White, with a smooth, warm texture, this ivory kyusu offers a nice contrast to our brown, rough-textured Yakishime kyusu. With its simple, straightforward design, and sporting Ippodo's attractive seal on its lid, this kyusu is sure to become a handy addition to your kitchen and table-one you will cherish long into the future.
Tokoname-yaki (Aichi Prefecture)
Tokoname is a small city in Aichi Prefecture with a pottery tradition that goes back to the 12th century. Tokoname-yaki kyusu are held in high esteem, since the clay in this area is fine, producing lightweight works that feel soft and hold heat steadily.
Large, snugly-fitting lid.
The big lid makes adding and removing large amounts of tea leaves easy and prevents spilling by fitting snugly with the kyusu, making the teapot a joy to use.
The large, dome-shaped strainer with a generous number of closely placed small holes allows you to pour out every last drop without any clogging.
The tip of the spout is carefully shaped to avoid dripping after tea has been poured.
Handling and Care
- Rinse with water before using for the first time.
- Do not use over direct heat or in oven or microwave.
- Do not expose to sudden temperature changes as that may cause teapot to break.
- The entire kyusu becomes hot when using it to pour hot water. Be careful not to burn yourself.
How to Clean
- Do not clean with steel wool or scouring powder as this may scratch the teapot.
- The strainer in the teapot is particularly delicate. If you wish to remove used tea leaves that have become attached to it, scrub them off gently with a brush.
- Do not leave tea leaves in the teapot for long periods of time or leave the teapot to sit immersed in water, as that may cause stains or mold to form.
- Use kitchen bleach to remove tea stains, and remember to rinse it off thoroughly afterwards.
- Clean and dry well before storing.