Mugicha (Barley tea) -
|Size of package||2" x 1.6" x 9.6"|
|Net weight||10g x 18|
|Shelf life||180 days|
For this premium barley tea, Ippodo selects six-row barley, which is densely packed with grains, and roasts it nice and slow. This barley tea boasts a fine aroma, refreshes as it glides down the throat, and has a pleasant aftertaste of refined sweetness. It's ideal for everyday rehydration.
In order to bring out the fine properties of barley tea, we fill the teabags with coarsely cracked barley grains. Great for everyday tea at home, and also makes a nice gift.
How to make hot barley tea
- Put 1 teabag into a pot or other large container and add 1 liter (1 quart) of boiled water
- Wait about 10 minutes before drinking
The key to achieving a light, refreshing taste is to avoid brewing the teabag on the stovetop while boiling the water. The tea will become too strong if left to steep in hot water for too long.
How to make cold barley tea
- Put 1 teabag into a pitcher or other large container and add 1 liter of cold water
- Wait about 1 hour before drinking
- Put in the teabag
- Pour on hot water (or cold water)
- Shake the flask. That's it! It's ready!
It's ready when it gets to the strength you like
Mugicha is wonderful replacement for people who cannot drink coffee or tea. Mugicha is wonderful hot or over ice. I recommend either way.